The AMC Networks Summer Internship Program provides undergraduate students with experiential learning opportunities that will help them prepare for a successful career in Media and Entertainment. In addition to gaining hands-on work experience, interns have access to networking events and professional development workshops to ensure a well-rounded and meaningful internship experience.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Los Angeles Area, Greater New York City Area
Jan 31, 2024
Jun 03, 2024
Aug 09, 2024
We want to be the place that finds the next great storyteller, the people who are going to change the game for our business. Our view is that the best place to start is through a robust and hands-on internship program. The AMC Networks Summer Internship Program provides undergraduate students with experiential learning opportunities that will help them prepare for a successful career in Media and Entertainment.
The program is open to students of all majors with a genuine interest and passion to pursue a career in the Media and Entertainment industry. Over the course of 10 weeks, students are immersed in an intensive internship experience working alongside the teams behind AMC Networks’ award-winning content from its networks AMC, BBC America, IFC, Sundance TV and WEtv, and its streaming services AMC+, Acorn TV, Sundance TV, Shudder and ALLBLK.
In addition to gaining hands-on work experience, interns have access to networking events and professional development workshops to ensure a well-rounded and meaningful internship experience.
The AMCN Communications team is seeking interns to join our team this summer for a 10 week internship program. The dates of our 2024 Program will be June 3rd, 2024 – August 9th, 2024 and will consist of a 35-hour work week. The program is comprised of a 10-week project-based internship. Within this internship you could be placed on our Corporate Communications and Marketing, Internal Communications or Public Relations team where you will work cross functionally to solve a business problem or help improve an internal process. You will be placed based upon your previous experience, interests and will be determined within the recruitment process.
- You will manage your assigned project and effectively complete the assignment within your 10 weeks and present your progress and results at the end of the internship
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive value and complete your project
- Create a project plan where you will outline your timelines, goals, and areas of focus
Project areas may include:
- Maintaining and updating publicity resources, databases, and internal press materials
- Assisting on-site at events, event logistics and travel itineraries
- Writing and occasionally liaising with journalists and outside vendors
- Organizing and gathering media assets, production documents, etc.
- Updating excel data pertinent to Awards entries & maintaining an Awards Season calendar
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- Currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Have proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong, proven potential leadership skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
Hourly Rate: $20.00 Per hour