Be a part of the talented team that brings America the #1 morning show! Good Morning America has an opening for a Supervising Booking Producer.
Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible - This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Be a part of the talented team that brings America the #1 morning show! Good Morning America has an opening for a Supervising Booking Producer. The ideal candidate will have extensive TV production experience including but not limited to: booking, field producing, travelling for breaking news stories, prepping guests for TV appearances, and live control room experience. Additionally, this job entails managerial experience and strong editorial judgment for both pitching and vetting stories thoroughly.
The Supervising Producer will provide oversight, management and editorial leadership for the GMA booking team in the evenings. The role closely partners with the Executive Producer, Senior Team, and the Chief Executive Editorial Producer to develop the booking strategy on both day to day bookings as well as long term bookings. This role encompasses all aspects of editorial and live production – from pitching the best story ideas daily, to then assigning team members to call on stories and book the top guests, to oversee logistics to produce guests both in the field and in our studio.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a fast-paced news/broadcast environment.
- Must be a well-seasoned booking producer and field producer and have experience travelling and working in a breaking news capacity.
- Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to write well, multi-task and prioritize.
- Candidate will be required to work a staggered schedule that can include weekends and late nights. In addition to long hours, there will be last-minute travel involved.
- ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network’s news programming, including “World News Tonight with David Muir,” “Nightline,” “Good Morning America,” “20/20,” “This Week with George Stephanopoulos,” ABC News Radio, ABCNews.com, and satellite service NewsOne. An award-winning team provides the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a big-picture understanding of the world.
The hiring range for this remote position is $131,700 to $181,060 per year, which factors in various geographic regions.