We’re looking for a talented Surfacing Artist to join our award winning, internationally acclaimed hit series, Paw Patrol! Please note this is a Remote position.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Nov 02, 2023
Are you ready to take the world's #1 smash hit animated series to the next level? The award-winning, action-packed and loved-by-every-child-on-Earth series PAW Patrol is entering its second decade of production, with BIG plans ahead!
We’re looking for a talented Surfacing Artist to join our award winning, internationally acclaimed hit series, Paw Patrol!
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure groom functionality within character rigs
- Assist with overall character look development processes
- Create the base look for the fur, hair, or feathers on stylized or semi-realistic CG characters
- Optimize grooms for efficient rendering
- UV / Texture / Develop Shaders to be used in Production.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines and communicate to production any possible delays
- Ability to communicate creatively and technically to your teammates
- Minimum 2 years of experience in feature film or animation production
- Strong knowledge of Houdini Hair / Fur and Xgen
- Strong knowledge of Houdini and Solaris is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Shading Networks with hair and fur
- Must be able to execute grooms to match a desired look or style
- Have a high level of attention to detail and create appealing characters
- Ability to receive critical feedback
- Creative and technical problem solve
- Familiarity with Autodesk Shotgrid is an asset
- Experience with Python scripting is a plus
- Love for Animation