As a crucial component of the Talent Management group, the Talent Manager manages a number of artists and/or production staff across a portfolio of disciplines, including casting, career development, performance management and resource scheduling.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Jan 13, 2023
ILM is looking for an exceptionally talented, committed and seasoned Talent Manager with a passion for delivering unparalleled client service.
What You'll Do
- Manage a portfolio of artists, and as needed, provides support / back-up for other Talent Managers
- Develop and maintain current and future resource need models as required based on input from show project teams and other sources
- Communicate pro-actively with show project leaders and creative supervision regarding overall project requirements, crewing needs (start / end dates) and project milestones, anticipating and flagging challenges as required
- Maintain overview of crew utilization using proprietary resource management system
- Facilitate continuous feedback cycle through project mid- and post-mortems, end-of-show and annual performance review processes; give timely, actionable and constructive feedback as needed to help CG artists grow and improve to meet specific objectives or long-term career goals
- Work with Recruitment function to define and meet current and future talent acquisition goals
- Collaborate with Human Resources function to establish and maintain competitive employee engagement strategy (compensation, terms of employment)
- Represent and nourishes studio culture through thoughtful, transparent and focused leadership
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Film Production, HRM, or Communications
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an artist management / resource management function in post-production visual effects, animation or gaming
- Understanding of CG terminology, and a thorough understanding of the processes and disciplines involved in CG post-production
- Demonstrates awareness of up- and downstream needs of stakeholders, including Production, CG Artists, and support teams (Recruitment, HR)
- Focus on strategic approach with the ability to address unexpected challenges in stride; calm, “can-do” attitude with an emphasis on collaborative communication.
- Anticipates risks / challenges and pro-actively develops alternatives with key stakeholders
- Proven analytical skills, effective scheduling and time management abilities
- Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a diverse range of personality types, perspectives and talents