Reporting to the Mgr Video Commerce Operations, the TD/Director directly influences sales while delivering our compelling content strategy by controlling the customers viewing experience in real-time.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Philadelphia Area
Mar 09, 2023
They oversee the show(s) technically and aesthetically. Responsible for communication and execution of production standards concerning all production elements of their show(s) while promoting QVC business needs and practices. Troubleshoot and manage production elements and equipment for show(s). Responsible for directing the live show and operating other control room equipment for the live broadcast.
- Responsible for directing technically challenging shows with working knowledge of video switcher operation while simultaneously operating robotic cameras. Technically create show by coordinating picture, graphics, and sound for the live production. Prepare for shows by referencing pals, blueprints and production guides.
- Check production elements including video clips, graphic elements, blocking schemes and rundowns in preparation for live show.
- Interact extensively via headset with Line Producers, Show Hosts, Control Room and Backstage personnel to manage the technical direction of the show. Translate Show Hosts comments relative to product presentations and other on-stage actions into matching video.
- Create "mood" by developing, selecting, framing, and transitioning camera angles/shots. Operate robotic cameras and/or cue manual operators to obtain desired shots. Direct live broadcast team in all aspects of live production to achieve desired results. Respond quickly to changes in direction, i.e. new product presentations, as indicated by Line Producers, Broadcast Operations Managers, Show Hosts, and Customer Testimonials.
- Pace show in accordance with department standards and production direction.
- Operation of support equipment during the live broadcast including Reservoir image store & recall, Clip Jockey, graphics, audio and camera (manual and robotic).
- Meet with producers, hosts and guests to prepare for shows.
- Attend daily production meetings.
- Develop creative camera angles/shots to enhance product images based on items such as set design, remote locations, etc. Plan desired effect, sequence shots to achieve effect and previews effect.
- Coordinate technical needs with Master Control and Engineering. Move cameras, practice cable maintenance as needed to support the live production. Accountable to maintain clean and safe studio space including cameras, cables and monitors.
- Troubleshoot and escalate technical issues that occur during the shift.
- Set up events, provide instruction to achieve desired effects, notify personnel of problems, etc. Be able to fill in for Lead TD/Director as front-line leader when necessary.
- Train team members to operate broadcast equipment including operation of production switcher. Provide real-time feedback to team members with follow-up to Broadcast Managers.
What You Bring
An undergraduate degree in Broadcast Media, Communications or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
A minimum of 6 years live broadcast television production experience is required. Directing/technical directing experience a must. Hands-on working knowledge of broadcasting equipment such as audio consoles, graphics generators, video switchers, playback servers, and operation of both robotic and manually operated cameras required.
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.