As a Technical Artist, you will design the lighting workflows and key setups to make Avatars shine across all experiences, including: VR, mobile and augmented reality.
Augmented Reality (AR)
Virtual Reality (VR)
Jan 06, 2023
$152,000/year to $212,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
3D art is essential for the future of social virtual reality applications and their communities. We are committed to providing Avatars that represent everyone's identity authentically in both current and yet-to-be-invented experiences.
As a Technical Artist, you will design the lighting workflows and key setups to make Avatars shine across all experiences, including: VR, mobile and augmented reality. You understand traditional techniques and are keen to apply them to real time workflows. You will partner with other artists, rendering engineers and product managers to deliver impactful products that reach a global audience.
Join us in creating the future!
Technical Artist, Avatars Lighting/LookDev Responsibilities
- Define workflows and setups that allow Avatars to retain their unique look and creative intent across various render targets and platforms
- Champion the highest quality and fidelity of Avatars, while partnering with engineering to fit within performance constraints of real time targets
- Leverage live action and studio techniques to set signature and intentional looks for Avatars
- Build templates and workflows for internal and external artist that are easy to use and delivery the highest quality
- Experience working across styles (graphic, realistic)
- Experience providing creative direction to other Artists
- Experience working across a wide variety of lighting methods, including: HDR, IBL, pre-baked, and dynamic lighting
- Understanding of lighting, color, shading, and photography techniques
- Experience working with realtime rendering engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Successfully delivering 3 or more high complexity projects (feature films or AAA titles) as a LookDev/Lighting Artist and at least one as a Lead or Supervisor
- A portfolio that demonstrates hero character work
- Experience influencing and collaborating with engineering teams