As a Technical Designer, you’ll create and implement complex, technical, and systemic design elements in a game. You’re essentially a game or level designer recognized for your technical skills on a design or multidisciplinary production team.
Nov 06, 2023
As a Technical Designer, you’ll create and implement complex, technical, and systemic design elements in a game.
You’re essentially a game or level designer recognized for your technical skills on a design or multidisciplinary production team.
A technical reference within your team, you’ll help, support, and advise your peers as needed. You may also be called upon to become the project's technical expert on a specific element of the game.
What you’ll do
- Create and implement the technical elements of a game feature with technical directors, programmers, and colleagues from other job families.
- Act as a technical expert on a specific topic + oversee tools and documentation, provide technical assistance and define and promote best practices.
- Participate in data optimization and validation, taking budget into account and ensuring that technical standards are respected.
- Participate in the advanced debugging of data throughout production.
- Provide regular feedback to design directors (e.g. suggestions for improving tools and methods, etc.).
- Help test new features and tools before their launch.
- Perform production tasks within the game and level design team + prototype gameplay features.
- Design and implement more complex, abstract, technically challenging, or game-wide design elements in the game.
What you bring
- Experience in game or level design (with a technical focus)
- The ability to understand and communicate in technical language & clearly express your ideas (both on paper and in person)
- Flexibility + solid analysis and problem-solving skills
- A user-oriented spirit
- Curiosity: you have a passion for understanding how things work
- Experience with various game engines and platforms (nice to have)
- Experience with a range of 2D/3D design software programs (nice to have)
- Experience in programming/scripting (nice to have)
What to send our way
Your CV highlighting your background and skills