We are looking for a Technical Director's for our Compositing Departments in our VFX/Animation Businesses in Toronto, who will report to the Head of TDs.
Toronto, ON, Canada
May 04, 2023
We are looking for a Technical Director's for our Compositing Departments in our VFX/Animation Businesses in Toronto, who will report to the Head of TDs. The chosen candidate will help provide award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges and directly contribute to the overall success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production today.
Working hand-in-hand with our artists and TD team, the chosen candidate will bridge the gap between creative and technical by providing solutions to create the stunning imagery of our films. At Technicolor VFX/Animation, we work in a highly dynamic environment, which requires a calm head, creative thinking, and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders, and all the way through to the users of the system.
- Work closely with assigned production department to aid them in meeting their creative goals.
- Work with artists to resolve technical issues and solve problems before they escalate.
- Develop tools and enhance the pipeline to reduce complexities.
- Write documentation to educate artists and establish best practices.
- Implement solutions for inefficiencies in the production pipeline.
- Anticipate problems and proactively resolve them.
- Work closely with the creative leads and sups to optimize the setups and templates.
- Continue to wedge for solutions, which meets creative needs.
- Aid in designing and implementing tools and workflow in line with studio goals and standards.
- Team-up with HOD's in helping creative teams to become self-sufficient.
- We are looking for the brightest Software Engineer who wants to consider a career in Computer Graphics and Animation.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical VFX Degree.
- Basic understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and simulation.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming like Python, C++, Java.
- Knowledge in using Linux operating system.
- Strong programming ability and technical skills.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of key VFX/Animation software like Nuke and/or Maya, Katana, Houdini is a bonus.
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- Well organized with good communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical artists.
- Affinity to problem-solving.