Nickelodeon Animation is looking for a Technical Director to join the studio.
The Technical Director is responsible for helping show Leadership and other Supervisors fulfill their creative vision by developing solutions for Creative Leads/Artists, troubleshooting day-to-day problems, errors, and workflow consultation.
Under the supervision of Leadership, the Technical Director will collaborate with the CG Team to develop the tools and pipeline for current CG projects.
The TD will also assist Leadership with developing new techniques, visual development, and pipeline standards for new projects.
This position requires balancing several tasks in a continuously changing environment.
- Work with the show Leads, R&D, and Animation teams to automate common tasks, develop novel tools to achieve creative goals and script pipeline solutions.
- Create user interfaces for artists to run scripts.
- Monitor and maintain Character, Set and Prop pipeline development and standards.
- Being knowledgeable about our pipeline proper workflow across departments.
- Creating and implementing new tools and techniques using Mel and Python scripting.
- In-depth knowledge of Maya and Python scripting required.
- Able to extend existing code and maintain proprietary tools.
- Perform research for software options, version upgrades, and benchmark tests.
- Setup and support artists using in-house tools.
- The Technical Director should have a working knowledge of Maya.
- 3-5 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games.
- Must have a familiarity with the production process.
- Must have experience scripting with Python for multiple creative teams.
- Must be organized and have excellent communication skills.
- The ideal candidate should be a generalist, able to jump from problems to solutions in short order.
- A great "can do" attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions are essential.
- Experience in MEL and Python
- Experience with UI design is a plus
- Experience with Houdini, Substance, Nuke, Unreal is a plus