Allen Media Group is looking for an experienced, energetic, well-qualified Television/Digital Production Manager to help launch, nurture, and grow our live and recorded studio-based offerings both technically and operationally.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Oct 05, 2022
The successful candidate should be highly organized, self-motivated, creative and collaborative. This role will support the production efforts of Allen Media projects in various locations and will be based in NYC.
- Provide technical and production operations leadership, guidance, and support for the broadcast and digital productions
- Act as the technical/operational lead for live and recorded show production, planning, and technical execution, including troubleshooting, problem resolution, and ensuring all inbound and outbound signals meet or exceed technical and production standards
- Responsible for leading all functions within the studio(s) and meeting operational goals and metrics, including facilitating operational and production teams
- Help define operational metrics, best practices, and standard work globally to meet defined goals
- Coordinate with Production/Operations/Technical teams and IP, satellite uplink, and terrestrial transmission vendors to optimize signal quality from production remotes
- Help with staff recruitment, interviewing and final candidate selection for production roles.
- Manage scheduling and training of technical staff, creation of SOPs, performance reporting, and project management responsibilities
- Stay up-to-date on new and emerging technologies, systems, and vendors to improve workflow and operational rigor
- Oversees safety and loss prevention programs
- 5 to 7 years in a supervisory capacity in a Tech Ops and/or Broadcast Network video production role.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, to document and report technical/operational matters
- Provide onsite support as required to cover special events and the needs of the business
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Microsoft products
- Ability to work and travel as needed to coordinate production and operations for our 365/24/7 platforms
- Proactive, self-managing individual with good interpersonal and communication skills, able to work and lead in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Requires proven experience in recorded and live-to-air television and/or remote field operations, with responsibility for audio/video quality and continuity
- Working knowledge of studio-based equipment, systems, and workflows, including control room switchers, audio boards, intercom systems, robocams, jibs, router control panels, etc., as well as post-production and editing hardware and software
- As this position supports a 24x7 broadcast environment, candidates must have flexibility to work days, nights, overnights and weekends as needed and without advance notice.
Day, Evening, Overnight