Manager, Cathedral Production
Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine
Over one hundred years ago, the trustees of the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine conceived its mission to be a house of prayer for all people, an instrument of church unity, and a center of intellectual light and leading in the spirit of Jesus Christ.
Today, as the mother church of the Episcopal Diocese of New York and the seat of its bishop, the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine serves the many diverse people of our diocese, city, nation and world through the worship of God; pastoral, educational and community outreach activities; cultural and civic events; international ecumenical initiatives; and the preservation of the great architectural and historic site that is its legacy.
The Cathedral Production department supports a wide range of activities and programs at the
Cathedral and has primary management responsibility for all productions at the Cathedral. Cathedral Production supplies technical support for Church services, and in addition to the Cathedral itself, coordinates technical support for activities in Synod Hall, Cathedral House and elsewhere on the Cathedral campus.
The Manager, Production, working with the Director, Production and department staff, oversees production and technical aspects of the many events produced and presented at the Cathedral and also presented on-line. The Manager, Production is responsible for efficiently overseeing the behind the scenes logistics, including the maintenance and operation of existing technical equipment including sound, lights, AV, staging and seating, video and livestreaming, and other equipment, the renting of additional equipment, and the hiring and supervision of additional staff. This position reports directly to Director, Production and works closely with all departments throughout the Cathedral.
• Hands-on maintenance and operation of all technical equipment related to Cathedral Production.
• Under the supervision of the Director, Production, the Manager coordinates the organization and distribution of the production budgets, crew & equipment schedules, overhire payroll, and other office-related paperwork.
• Coordinate and supervise all technical operations. Ensure all equipment is safe and up to code, and that all work practices are done in a safe manner.
• Work directly to support internal programming, including services and Cathedral School events, particularly in relation to technical equipment and staff.
• Working with the Director, Production, support external programming, in particular in relation to their needs for technical equipment and staff. This includes helping in the advancing of events, the running of event and any post-production work needed for those events.
• Using Vectorworks or a similar program, create working drawings for all events that fall under Cathedral Production.
• Minimum four years of professional experience in an upper-level event production position for
a medium to large size institution
• Working knowledge of Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
• Working knowledge of the operation of state-of-the-art audio, lighting and video systems.
• In-depth knowledge of sound, lighting, video/livestreaming and electrical distribution systems, knowledge of rigging and carpentry/construction practices.
• Demonstrated self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve goals;
• Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances;
• A high sense of urgency and unquestioned ethics and professional standards;
• A team player who will successfully integrate into the Cathedral community and contribute to a healthy organizational culture;
• Flexible hours, late nights and weekend hours are required.
Compensation and benefits
· This is a full-time position. The salary range is $65,000-70,000, depending on experience. In addition, the Cathedral offers an excellent benefits package (medical/dental, 403(b), and generous vacation).
To apply: please send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com