The Technical Media Producer (Director) plays a critical role in ensuring the work of news producers, editors, photographers, and talent is presented cleanly to viewers. The director codes and executes live productions using Ross OverDrive automation.
WANF and Peachtree TV are the flagship hometown stations for Gray Television, serving nearly 7 million viewers in the Atlanta area! The Technical Media Producer (Director) plays a critical role in ensuring the work of news producers, editors, photographers, and talent is presented cleanly to viewers. The director codes and executes live productions using Ross OverDrive automation.
The Technical Media Producer (Director) operates a Ross OverDrive automation system to execute live newscasts, breaking news and special projects. The TMP is responsible for all technical production aspects of a show from start to finish. The TMP preps the studio, microphones, IFB, and lighting; codes for automation via ENPS plug-in, communicates with the show producer to resolve challenges and ensure a clean broadcast. The TMP should be self-motivated and a problem-solver. Systems the TMP will control include the Ross switcher, Wheatstone audio, Telemetrics robotics, Chyron Prime graphics.
Please note - primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above
* Completion of high school, or equivalent.
* Bachelor’s degree in broadcast television production or media preferred.
* Minimum two years experience in a live broadcast television environment with hands-on experience in control room in areas such as switching, audio, graphics, character generator, robotics, and automated rundown software.
* Experience as a news or technical director strongly preferred.
* Experience operating and maintaining automation tools and software preferred.
* Experience using Edius editing software preferred.
Specific Knowledge/Skills and Abilities -
* Highly motivated and confident in executing difficult and complex asks.
* Self-directed and able to function proactively to ensure results and goals are met as well as adhere to strict deadlines.
* Good leadership skills; ability to provide guidance and direction to a team.
* Ability to consistently function in a high pressure role and environment.
* Ability to quickly react to changing priorities and needs.
* Must be able to troubleshoot difficult problems and develop solutions to address root causes.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* 5% Travel Required (Approximate)