Clark County School District /Vegas PBS: Under general supervision, develops, writes, and produces multimedia content for digital platforms for educational and public interest digital and television broadcasts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Produces copy and content for digital / online mediums. Creates digital media, such as videos, podcasts, and GIFS, to create unique online experiences that can stand alone as original web content or function as a discrete extension of the Vegas PBS broadcast.
2. Operates various Clark County School District cars, pickup trucks, and vans.
3. Plans and directs how content will be found through search and hashtags.
4. Organizes the release of content on social platforms, before, during, and after the transmission of a broadcast.
5. Edits and posts relevant material from producers onto the website or other social media platforms.
6. Utilizes digital and social platforms to produce and deliver live updates.
7. Updates Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms throughout the day.
8. Collaborates with production, content, and communications staff to reflect and maintain Vegas PBS branding standards.
9. Coordinates with various PBS services and other public media sources as needed to curate shared content and ensure technical functionality of digital platforms.
10. Creates web-based content from digital assets/ materials gathered by (production or station staff) and ensures all material is cleared for multi-platform distribution.
11. Helps to manage comments and discussion posts as needed.
12. Researches and stays informed with current digital media trends, technologies, and best practices. Regularly shares that knowledge with colleagues.
13. Ensures that program content complies with Clark County School District, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations and conformity with the broadcast standards within Federal Communications Commission (FCC) noncommercial rules and Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) guidelines.
14. Conforms to safety standards, as prescribed.
15. Performs other tasks related to the position, as assigned.
Involves producing, writing, and creating digital programs for Vegas PBS across its many platforms. Ensures that all content news and documentary meets standards for journalistic integrity and PBS production quality and specifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Position Expectations)
1. Must embrace, actively support, and develop the corporate culture of teamwork, diversity and inclusion, integrity, excellence, and service.
2. Knowledge of basic computer software applications.
3. Knowledge of television production activities, techniques, audio, and broadcast equipment.
4. Ability to write original education materials/scripts for digital production.
5. Ability to edit scripts.
6. Ability to plan and organize work and set priorities.
7. Ability to concentrate on the accuracy of details.
8. Ability to work flexible hours or shifts.
9. Ability to safely, relocate heavy objects.
10. Ability to interpret, explain, and apply accurate written and oral instructions.
11. Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
12. Ability to work cooperatively with employees, other agencies, and the public.
13. Ability to recognize and report hazards and apply safe work methods.
14. Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy. Including, but not limited to, AP style writing and attention to grammar.
15. Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media.
16. Possess physical and mental stamina commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
Education, Training, and Experience
1. High school graduation or other equivalent (i.e., General Educational Development (GED), foreign equivalency, etc.).
2. Five (5) years’ experience in television production; or,
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in television production, film production, communications, or journalism; plus one (1) year experience in television production.
Licenses and Certifications
1. A valid driver’s license that allows the applicant/employee to legally operate a motor vehicle in Nevada. License must be maintained for the duration of the assignment.
2. Copy of current driving history (dated within six (6) months from the date printed) issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, at time of application or Qualified Selection Pool (QSP) placement and at time of interview prior to final selection.
Previous experience as a digital writer, editor, or producer.
Document(s) Required at Time of Application
1. High school transcripts or other equivalent (i.e., GED, foreign equivalency, etc.).
2. College transcript from an accredited college or university, if applicable.
3. A valid driver’s license that allows the applicant/employee to legally operate a motor vehicle in Nevada.
4. Copy of current driving history (dated within six (6) months from date printed) issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
5. Specific documented evidence of training and experience to satisfy qualifications.