E! News is looking for an experienced, passionate Editor to help spearhead our TV coverage for digital.
The ideal candidate not only knows the hottest shows right now, but also what will be the most talked about series in the months to come. You are a creative that will bring our readers the escape they are looking for through entertaining, smart coverage that speaks directly to the fandoms. Within in the industry, you have reliable sources and connections who will provide exclusive content, including clips, first looks and interviews.
- Spearhead TV coverage for E! Online, crafting a daily lineup of engaging, TV-news stories to assign out, write and edit in addition to planning in-depth features
- Manage and seamlessly execute TV content calendar, which includes creative lead up and post-mortem coverage for upcoming shows, premieres, anniversaries and other major events
- Secure and conduct interviews with actors, writers, directors, producers and more industry professionals
- Manage a team of writers, working to develop their skills and foster growth
- Work to secure exclusive content, including interviews, clips, news and trailers, with publicists from networks and streamers.
- Run the TV Scoop Twitter account, sharing out stories with engaging, witty tweets that drive traffic back to E! Online
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience writing sharp copy, managing a team and planning content for the digital space
- Understanding of the E! News voice as well as SEO and Google Trends
- Ability to cover news quickly and efficiently as well as be able to forecast the next beat of the story
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities
- Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented with a passion for television and the ever-evolving digital environment
- Ability to thrive in a culture that is both creative and process-driven
- Strong leader with an ability to offer feedback to grow individuals
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $90,000 - $105,000 (bonus eligible)