Sony Pictures Entertainment requires an Trainee in the TV IT department to support our TV Networks Business. This Spring Trainee position is from January through May (start and end dates are flexible based on your schedule) and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week. This type of opportunity will jump-start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field.
Our Emerging Talent Programs, which includes Interns, Trainees, and Finance Rotational Associates, offer unique opportunities for students, recent graduates & emerging talent to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, & other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build on your experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, and many educational and social networking opportunities.
This Spring Trainee position is from January through May (start and end dates are flexible based on your schedule) and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This type of opportunity will jump-start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
Sony Pictures Entertainment requires an Trainee in the TV IT department to support our TV Networks Business. TV Networks is a very dynamic and international environment that is growing and evolving at a very fast pace in the Digital Age. This position will report directly to the Executive Director of IT who supports the Digital Media/ Networks and AdSales, Finance, Business Affairs lines of business for Sony Pictures Entertainment.
The 3 months Trainee program will offer a high exposure to the business processes covering:
- Content Acquisition/ Production and Exploitation (Digital and Non-Digital)
- Financial lifecycles (AdSales, Finance & Accounting, FP&A, Biz Dev)
- System integrations
The Trainee will have the opportunity to acquire understanding of the core business processes and how these are modeled/supported by the TV Networks application landscape (AdSales, Linear and Non-Linear Program Scheduling, Rights, Finance, Planning, CRM, etc).
The Trainee will be part of the Business Relationship Management (BRM) team and be introduced to the day-to-day operations, support and requirement gathering, testing and delivery phases. In addition, the Trainee will have visibility into project lifecycle, and project management best practices and from inception to deployment, including the planning phases of the business case and cost-benefit analysis.
- Support the PM and Senior BAs in the collection, review, analysis and documentation of user and technical requirements
- Participate in the documentation of detailed functional & data business requirements, process flows, use cases, & information needs
- Participate in the production of operational and strategic reporting which provides value to the business and facilitate strategic decisions
- Support in the creation of test cases
- Execute and document test cases
- Support the PM and Sr. Bas with the deployment and post deployment tasks
- MIS, Computer Science or Equivalent education
- Good understanding of data models (databases, relationships, primary keys, data quality…)
- Detail oriented
- Able to document process flows, requirements
- Natural ability for teamwork
- Passionate and motivated to always improve and learn new concepts
The anticipated base salary for this position is $27/hour.