We are looking for a passionate, multifaceted Unreal Artist, Generalist to help create beautiful, impactful, and realistic 3D AR/mixed reality experiences.
Augmented Reality (AR)
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 27, 2023
You will be a part of leading and building immersive mixed reality experiences that permeate all platforms. Your work and efforts will be seen across the world and will impact the lives and safety of others and our planet.
We are looking for a passionate, multifaceted Unreal Artist, Generalist to help create beautiful, impactful, and realistic 3D AR/mixed reality experiences. The ideal candidate is very confident using Unreal Engine 4, familiar with 3D modeling software, and knows the ins and outs of modeling and can create optimized graphics, assets and more for execution in real-time.
At The Weather Channel, we build content for broadcast television and multi platform viewing. Most of our Unreal 4 experiences are cinematic, relying on realistic and life-like renderings of real-world objects and environments.
- Create and or take environment assets from a variety of 3d tools into the Unreal Engine.
- Create Unreal Engine FX including Environmental FX and particle FX.
- Work with Environmental Artist and Technical artist to ensure experiences meet performance requirements.
- Work with Technical Artists to create efficient workflows and pipelines.
- Create & or take animation assets into the Unreal game engine.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop best in class, cross-platform experiences in Unreal.
- Design and create virtual shots and/or assets in Unreal Engine 4 from scripts and/or storyboards.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in game design or graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Working understanding of C++ scripting environments.
- Basic knowledge of scripting in Blueprints, taking full advantage of the built-in Unreal pipeline.
- Minimum 2-years experience with 3D modeling and Unreal Engine 4.
- Must have a good foundation in hard surface modeling, texturing, and lighting.
- Experience with texture & asset optimization.
- 1 year or more of production for media or game development related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization, and able to multitask.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Self-motivated work ethic Strong communication skills (this includes clean, well-commented code).
- Strong consideration for candidates with the following attributes: Unreal Engine 4, 3D modeling in 3ds Max, Animation in 3ds Max or Maya, Houdini for games.