RUN Studios and its client partner, a large online retailer headquartered in Seattle, are seeking an exceptional Motion and UX Designer with a passion for creating innovative instructional, promotional, and original video content and user interface designs that enhance their customers’ experience to join on an approximate 3-month contract with a potential to extend.
Greater Seattle Area
Mar 15, 2022
The Designer will define concept and execution, articulating end-to-end experience, and drive that vision into solid design deliverables such as user interface designs for screen, interaction models, design specs, and prototypes. The Designer will collaborate closely with content strategists, developers and product management inside our organization, and with partner teams, and define and drive the future of customer support content for the client.
As a Motion and UX Designer, You Will
- Collaborate with account managers and peers to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand graphic and motion design solutions.
- Produce video graphics, graphic illustrations, motion, templates, and layouts for customer-facing physical assets.
- Design the user experience of key help content for the client’s devices and digital services.
- Drive design from initial concept through final implementation, working with across our team, as well as with partner teams across the client’s.
- Use diverse inputs —e.g., product leadership, market analysis, customer feedback, metrics and usability findings — to identify and define new concepts and solutions to customer problems
- Communicate and specify design concepts, solutions, and needs to team leaders and partner teams
- Lead customer advocacy and integrate user research into the product development process
- Contribute to the group’s best practices for UX design while continually advocating design thinking, process, and craft throughout our organization
- Partner with development teams to build experiences and review finished deliverables throughout the development lifecycle, maintaining a high bar for design and execution
- Use positive energy to maintain personal and team momentum
As an Applicant, You Bring
- A bachelor's degree in design, interaction or a related UX degree, or commensurate industry experience
- Portfolio of shipped work demonstrating UX design leadership and understanding of user-centered design principles
- Demonstrated experience designing throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as an UX/Interaction Designer or a similar role
- Minimum 3-5 years professional 2D motion graphics and animation experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in video editing in a deadline-driven media environment
- Proficient with Premiere Pro, After Effects, and other Adobe Creative programs
- A high degree of attention to detail, managing multiple video projects at once and receiving feedback from stakeholders
- Expertise with standard design and prototyping tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Be self-motivated, versatile and highly organized, with an acute attention to detail to deliver work at a consistently high standard
- A collaborative colleague – hard working, level-headed, creative, and kind
Bonus if You Have
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver projects of significant scope and high complexity
- Experience planning and conducting user research, communication design and information architecture, defining and driving creative solutions in new/ambiguous product territory
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process
- Collaborate with account managers and peers to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand graphic and motion design solutions
- Produce video graphics, graphic illustrations, motion, templates, and layouts for customer facing physical assets
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet expectations and deadlines