As a VFX Compositor, you will integrate multiple layers and elements into live-action shots using Nuke workflow. Your responsibilities include tracking, rotoscoping, camera projection, layering, and color grading to maintain the overall look and quality of assigned shots.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Feb 06, 2024
As a VFX Compositor, you will integrate multiple layers and elements into live-action shots using Nuke workflow. Your responsibilities include tracking, rotoscoping, camera projection, layering, and color grading to maintain the overall look and quality of assigned shots. Efficient script organization is crucial, and you will collaborate with supervisors and artists from different departments to achieve visually compelling results. Join us to contribute your skills to the success of our projects.
- Integrate multiple layers and/or elements into live-action shots.
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including tracking, rotoscoping, camera projection, layering of elements, and color grading.
- Maintain the overall look, quality, and color balance for all assigned shots.
- Maintain clean and efficient script organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisors and artists from multiple departments.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Fine Arts, or a related field.
- Proven experience in VFX compositing with a strong portfolio showcasing previous work is essential. Industry experience in animation, television, or film is highly valued.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency in industry-standard compositing software, such as Nuke, is crucial. Familiarity with other relevant tools and software may also be required.
- Strong understanding of compositing techniques, 3D workflows, tracking, set extensions, camera projection, and color grading is necessary. Familiarity with scripting languages and tools for efficient script organization is a plus.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are essential, as VFX compositors work closely with supervisors and artists from various departments to achieve project goals.
- VFX compositors often encounter challenges that require creative problem-solving skills to overcome. The ability to troubleshoot and find effective solutions is valuable.