Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and responsibilities under pressure with minimal supervision is essential. Working knowledge of VFX or Animation Production/Post Production and understanding of technical terms and processes required.
Department Support (Meetings/Scheduling/Expenses/Travel):
- Organize & schedule meetings, on-site visits, and demos with vendors, freelance production crew, and technology companies
- Attend all pertinent meetings, take detailed notes and follow-up on select action items
- Maintain notes databases, keep records up to date and track all outstanding items for next steps
- Process drive-ons and walk on for visitors
- Prioritize & coordinate calendars and ensure Executives have prep time for critical projects & meetings
- Serve as Anim-VFX P-card delegate in Concur
- Upload receipts, fill in expense information, and submit charges for approval before deadline (mid to end of month)
- Assigned as travel submission delegate for Anim-VFX team, assist with travel booking for productions as needed
- Submit all new user access request forms for VFX/Animation production crew & executive new hires as requested
- Submit all deactivation request forms for VFX/Animation production crews wrapping
- Acts as liaison for onboarding new VFX/Animation production crew members and the transition from production to post
- Partner with post production to facilitate office/remote set-up, lot access, travel booking, Covid testing procedures, security guidelines, etc.
- Act as liaison to productions regarding space management, parking, structural changes, and issues
- Support the creation of best practices policies and promote their implementation with the VFX and Animation teams
- Maintains all templates & forms to remain current with any new Marvel standards and regulations
- Update and maintain Marvel’s VFX & Animation Confluence page
- Work with Executives, on continuing to evolve databases for the best use by current productions as well as for the purpose of historical production archive and analysis
- Act as outward facing VFX & Animation resource of information flow for all productions
- Researches new tools and technologies that could improve our workflows and enhance our quality of work
- Troubleshoots technical issues as they arise, working with IT and technical support teams to find and implement solutions
- Attend all technology monthly meetings & take detailed notes, in order to flag/resolve universal issues and resolutions for all productions
- Assists with video conferencing and reviews
- Help with review driving as needed, utilizing different review tools: RV, cinesync, Syncsketch, Clearview, etc.
- Manage production databases to track the status and location of all VFX physical assets
- Assist each feature production in receiving all requested VFX physical assets
- Assess condition of physical assets to determine when items need to be decommissioned and re-purchased
- Ensure all VFX physical assets are serviced and in good working order
- Visit Chatsworth Warehouse when needed, to find or organize VFX physical assets
Digital Asset Management:
- Coordinate with the Digital Asset Management department to answer questions and offer support for both current & archived projects
- Facilitate file uploads, downloads & transfers for various digital asset requests
Talent & Vendor Availability:
- Maintain database (resumes, availability, and reel library) for VFX/Animation talent and all VFX/Animation vendors globally
- Tracks vendor security assessments and statuses in conjunction with the content security team
Marketing & Publicity:
- Field marketing submissions and requests along with the production crew/marketing coordinator
- Assist with all TV spot requests, liaising with the marketing team directly to send all pertinent files as needed
- Track all upcoming marketing deadlines, add details to the calendar and flag any urgent needs to Executives
- Assist Executives with all awards submissions, including: Academy Awards, VES, ASIFA/The Annie’s, AACTA, BAFTA, etc.
- Research and gather information on industry events and awards and shares findings with team members.
Vendor Appreciation (Posters & Letters):
- Request vendor shot/poster totals from VFX PAs and submit poster orders to post production
- Update and maintain poster shipping guides for VFX crews
- Draft and print vendor letters on cardstock.
- Coordinate vendor poster and letter signings with VFX Production Managers and Executive Assistants, along with follow-up.
- Order FedEx shipping supplies, create shipping labels (along with necessary international commercial invoices) and package/ship out posters & letters
- Help with production wrap for all previously completed projects
- Maintain all wrap procedure documentation to stay up to date with most current Marvel standardization
- 2+ years of experience in VFX and/or Animation
- Must be a team player, proactive and solution oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior skill set in organization, problem-solving, time-management, multi-tasking, and operating in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and responsibilities under pressure with minimal supervision is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a calm and positive attitude in high-pressure situations
- Computer Skills: Mac skills required; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Filemaker, Cinesync Pro, and Shotgrid. Experience with Signiant and 5th Kind is preferred
- Working knowledge of VFX or Animation Production/Post Production and understanding of technical terms and processes required
The hiring range for this position is $51,237.15 to $66,306.90 per year in California.