VFX Producer oversees nearly all aspects of a project from the early stages of the bidding process, throughout show production, up to its successful completion.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Jun 22, 2022
This high-level position is both client and crew-facing, while partnering closely with the VFX Supervisor and studio senior management.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the production of an entire project within studio standards, delivering on schedule and within the budget.
- Manage ongoing project re-bids as needed.
- Manage the project budget to meet the established profit goals.
- Report progress of budget and schedule to senior managers via weekly status reports and bi-weekly cost reports.
- Track project costs and delivery schedules.
- Work closely with the studio leads and client throughout bidding process, including shot breakdowns, and show planning.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with clients.
- Supervise Digital Production Manager(s) and Coordinators through creation and revision of overall project schedules.
- Oversee and monitor staff on projects, assigning personnel to shots, and allocating resources as needed.
- Ensure dailies and shot reviews run efficiently.
- Manage weekly production meetings.
- Communicate notes from client meetings to VFX Supervisor and creative leads.
- Deliver regular reports on project status of projects
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in film, art, communications or related field with 5+ years’ experience in VFX production for a feature film with experience managing a large crew (30+ employees).
- Expert knowledge of visual effects post-production techniques and terminology.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while working within a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid leadership skills with demonstrated ability to calmly and effectively manage a crew, while negotiating deadlines pressures of production.
- Ability to schedule and analyze production data.
- Maturity to manage sensitive and confidential materials.
You will need:
- To be highly organized with a strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
- To be eligible to work in the United States or Canada.