The VFX Supervisor ensures leading creative and technical approaches are used to realize the creative vision of the project. They oversee the work of their project team, make decisions as to the workflow while monitoring the progress and adherence to the client’s creative vision.
Dec 27, 2023
The VFX Supervisor ensures leading creative and technical approaches are used to realize the creative vision of the project. They oversee the work of their project team, make decisions as to the workflow while monitoring the progress and adherence to the client’s creative vision. They will maintain positive relationships with the client, presenting work, finding solutions to creative issues and reporting on progress as needed.
- Spearhead the creation of a strategy and establishment of a global vision that will be applied throughout the VFX project to ensure the best creative and technical approach to meet the client’s needs;
- In collaboration with the VFX Producer and the Executive Producer, assist in the completion of bids;
- Communicate the creative vision and objectives to the project team, ensuring individual and/or team responsibility for results are clearly understood;
- Find creative ways to ensure that the artistic vision of the client is respected and that projects are delivered on time and on budget, meeting Rodeo FX’s high quality standards. Communicate progress regularly to the VFX Producer;
- Closely monitor the overall creative process, including performing daily reviews of assets and shots, providing regular feedback and guidance to team members. Assist the team to solve issues that arise during production. Conduct in-person turn-overs with artists and the VFX team;
- Be present on set for the filming of VFX sequences, when requested by Production;
- In collaboration with the VFX Producer, ensure that all assigned projects have a well-defined production schedule, adequate and appropriate resources, performance targets and milestones;
- Alongside the VFX Producer, maintain regular communication with the client on the status of projects. Ensure the maintenance of ongoing positive and collaborative working relationships with clients;
- In conjunction with the VFX Producer, monitor project budgets on a regular basis. Review any discrepancies with Production, finding creative solutions to keep projects on time and within budget;
- Actively monitor the work climate in his/her team, taking steps to maintain a positive work environment and adherence to company values;
- Review results of mid and post-mortem assessments, identify areas for improvement and ensure that all issues are addressed going forward;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and seek the latest technological advances and work methods within the VFX industry;
- Positively represent Rodeo FX within the VFX and related communities, both locally and in the worldwide market, to further grow the company’s reputation as an industry leader. This can include giving conferences, participating in panels and actively participating in industry events.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in visual effects;
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience;
- Good knowledge of Shotgun project management software;
- Excellent knowledge of the VFX Production process from concept to delivery;
- Must be available for occasional international travel.