theGrio is seeking a Video Article Writer to join our team and contribute to the creation of engaging and informative video articles.
Greater Atlanta Area, Greater New York City Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Washington D.C. Metro Area
Jun 26, 2023
theGrio is strongly building its editorial staff. It is an investment in the business's core competencies. Byron Allen, CEO of Allen Media Group, says, “theGrio is the leader of fearless journalism and inspirational storytelling about Black people. No other Black news outlet has our cumulative audience reach or impact. This is a natural growth of our brand sponsorships, and editorial partnerships for TheGrio's content on digital, mobile, streaming, podcasts, and social media.”
theGrio is seeking a Video Article Writer to join our team and contribute to the creation of engaging and informative video articles. As a Video Article Writer, you will play a vital role in delivering high-quality written content that aligns with theGrio's digital video strategy. This position requires a deep understanding of journalism, familiarity with AP Stylebook guidelines, expertise in SEO optimization, and the ability to produce time-sensitive articles.
- Compose compelling headlines and copy for video articles for theGrio.com
- Optimize video article content and metadata for maximum SEO impact and audience engagement on theGrio.com
- Collaborate with the video and editorial teams to ensure timely delivery of video articles for publishing
- Coordinate with the social team to amplify the reach of video projects
- Embrace a collaborative and coachable approach, being open to feedback
- Uphold high journalistic standards and practices in all written content
- Stay updated on news and current affairs relevant to Black America and the diaspora
- BA in Journalism or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in journalism, with a focus on video article writing
- Familiarity with Wordpress is preferred
- Strong knowledge of current news, pop culture, music, and sports, with a keen understanding of Twitter trending topics, internet culture, and memes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to successfully multitask
- Comfortable working in a breaking news environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of current events
- Preferred candidates will reside in New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, or Washington, D.C.