Disney Streaming is seeking a contract Video Editor to join the DMED Studio team.
The Video Editor is responsible for assisting the Disney Streaming Studio team in continuing to set a high bar for performance marketing video deliverables. Ensuring that daily content consistency and delivery are running smoothly by editing, spot checking and delivering according to detailed specs and deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines, with the capacity to work across multiple teams to help users, document processes, and represent team feedback for software and workflow improvements.
The ideal candidate:
● Has 5+ years of experience as a video editor working in a post-production, media publishing company or agency with an understanding of social media and traditional broadcast platforms.
● Is a creative and strategic storyteller who can leverage pacing and timing as well as sound design to create compelling and targeted short form promotion
● Knowledge of aspect ratios and encodes for delivery to social media and traditional broadcast platforms.
● Ability to work with multiple split track audio and spot mix for linear broadcast and/or social media specifications.
● Exceptional video edit project organizational skills
● Is an effective team communicator
● Has a strong and diverse reel/portfolio of published work.
● 5+ years of intermediate experience editing in Adobe Premiere
● Experience with hi-res file transfer apps (Box, Frameio, Google Drive, WeTransfer, Aspera Connect, FTP, servers, etc.), or similar apps.
● Knowledge of video, audio, image encoding formats and broadcast/social media best practices.
● Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
● Cursory knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (and associated plugins)
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
● Creative storytelling ability, problem-solving skills and good follow-through
● Must have own edit hardware and ample external storage
● BONUS: A cursory or intermediate knowledge of Adobe After Effects
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
● Passionate about the Disney brand
● Passionate about editing, storytelling, sound design and the organization that can streamline a post-production workflow
● Self-starter with a habit for taking initiative
The hiring range for this position in NY is $78,584.00 to $98,230.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.