Portland Trail Blazers: As our Video Editor and Motion Graphics Compositor, you will be a critical member of the Creative Services team, responsible for creating, editing, and adding motion graphic elements to video content to tell compelling visual stories and entertain the Trail Blazers' fan base.
Portland, Oregon Area
Aug 08, 2023
As our Video Editor and Motion Graphics Compositor, you will be a critical member of the Creative Services team, responsible for creating, editing, and adding motion graphic elements to video content to tell compelling visual stories and entertain the Trail Blazers' fan base. This role supports game operations, broadcasting, partnership, sales and revenue, and digital marketing.
We’re looking for someone with a strong design sense, creativity, and ability to translate brand direction into motion graphics. Additionally, our ideal candidate will deeply understand the video editing and motion graphics workflow process. If you’re passionate about collaboration and excited about developing a production strategy, we want to hear from you!
- Create high-quality video content for all Trail Blazers and Rose Quarter business needs by organizing, editing, and assembling footage to create a visually appealing and engaging final product.
- Use Adobe editing software to edit and prep footage for compositing and VFX work.
- Create and add visually captivating and dynamic animations, graphics, and visual effects to edited video productions.
- Design and create original graphics, icons, typography, and other elements used in the edited video.
- Must ensure proper timing, synchronization, and visual coherence with all other looks established by Creative Services.
- Sort, label, and catalog video assets in an organized and easily retrievable manner on the internal shared storage system.
- Collaborate with the Creative Services team, including other motion graphics designers, video editors, and content producers, to develop creative and compelling storylines and meet project objectives.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to tight deadlines, and prioritizing tasks effectively to ensure timely delivery of high-quality video content.
- Stay up to date with the latest video editing techniques, software, AI advancements and industry trends to continually enhance overall production quality and efficiency.
- Use industry-standard motion graphics software and tools such as Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, and plugin packages like Red Giant, Sapphire, and Mocha to finalize productions.
WE’D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Degree in Business, Marketing or other applicable field OR equivalent education and experience.
- At least three (3) years of experience in video editing and motion graphic design.
- Strong proficiency in motion graphics and editing software such as Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, and Adobe Premiere.
- Familiarity with other design, editing, and audio software and plugins, including Red Giant Plugin Suite, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Encoder.
- A creative and forward-thinking approach.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong time and resource management skills.
- Deep understanding of audio design, transitions, color grading, and what effects work can be done in the editing platform.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including game nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Target Salary: $60,000 annually