Manhattan, NY Collaborates with VNSNY Frontline team and other internal subject matter experts to develop original video and visual journalism.
Edits and delivers work for FrontlineVNSNY.org. Creates digitally compelling, creative work and optimizes video stories for an online audience. Works internally with Enterprise Communications team in pre/postproduction process, including storyboarding, writing and structure. Works under general supervision.
- Edit’s video and other digital media creatively for narrative and interactive features. Creates exceptional video content.
- Creates, implements and manages pre/post video production plan for internal and external video projects. Includes developing and managing, timelines, transportation, and itemizing needed production equipment.
- Utilizes latest media techniques and technologies to create short video clips and stories for VNSNY Frontline news scenarios.
- Assists in defining style and branding techniques that push VNSNY Frontline videos’ voice
- Incorporates motion graphics and style templates for new and existing formats. Optimizes new and existing video footage for social platforms. Work with greenscreen usage.
- Collaborates on optimizing a post-production archival workflow.
- Ensures routine maintenance and inventory of production equipment (lighting, batteries, teleprompter, cameras, lens, microphones, SD cards).
- Troubleshoots and reports production related technical failures and acts as liaison to ensure timely resolution.
- Works to produce and support film crews on high profile productions, as necessary. Occasionally guides per diem videographers and editor on assignments.
- Works with digital cinema cameras/DSL video cameras and related accessories.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, film and media production, video editing or marketing required. MFA or MA preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in video editing in a production or post-production environment required.
- Minimum of three years of production management and studio setups preferred.
- High level of understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder and color pipelines related to camera dailies expertise is essential required.
- Previous experience editing a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to deliver work that is engaging as well as across social platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to craft stories, own research for a project and quickly edit videos with oversite from managers and senior staff required.
- Proven ability to organize workflows in a fast paced, creative environment required. Hands-on experience with digital cinema/video production required.
- Flexibility to occasionally work nights and weekends to support the release of Frontline news and video content, as needed, required.
- Strong attention to detail and solid writing, editing and proofing skills required.