Wynn Las Vegas: Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance, operation and in-show monitoring of the complete show video display system.
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Feb 23, 2023
Reporting to the Head of Lighting, Video and SFX, the Video Operator will be required to:
- Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance, operation and in-show monitoring of the complete show video display system.
- Perform functions and duties as assigned to assist the department in establishing and maintaining a safe and consistent operation of all video display, camera, control and network systems in the show.
- Perform duties as assigned to maintain and support the networking equipment and systems and troubleshoot any network issues that arise.
- Operate the video systems during rehearsals, performances and special events.
- Perform video cue tracks.
- Assist with long-term inspections and maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Assist and provide services to the other departments as needed.
- Adhere to all company and departmental safety policies with emphasis on maintaining a safe working environment.
- Adhere to all OSHA regulations.
- Assist with creating a positive atmosphere for all show personnel.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Job Experience / Education:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Video Operator for large-scale theatrical production show or arena tour.
- Experience with a wide variety of modern theatrical lighting fixtures and video systems as it pertains to operation, installation, use and troubleshooting is required.
- Experience with AC power distribution and safe working practices.
- Familiarity with GrandMa Lighting consoles and MA networks.
- Experience with sACN gateways configuration and trouble shooting.
- Familiarity and/or experience configuring and maintaining the following specific systems and equipment:
- Media server playback sub-system utilizing disguise GX-series media servers.
- A sophisticated video signal routing, monitoring and transmission sub-system supporting HDMI transmission over fiber as well as HDBaseT.
- Various video display elements including LED video display film on glass (custom), LED video display panels (ROE/Brompton), scenic projection and LED lighting nodes driven via video.
- Multi-format network-based control infrastructure that accommodates:
- DANTE for audio
- sACN for lighting control
- d3Net for server operations
- QSC Q-Sys for overall device control
- Network functions supported via a hardwired Cisco 9300-series vlan network as well as a Siemens Wifi-based system.
- RF-based distribution of SMPTE Time-code.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be highly organized and be able to function in a stressful environment.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills and be able to act quickly to different situations.
- Must be organized and have great attention to detail.
- Ability to learn or update lifesaving skills and to become CPR/First Responder trained.
- Ability to identify safety concerns and conform to safe working procedures.
- Ability, experience, and comfort in working at high elevations in a theatrical environment.
- Must have knowledge of current video and projection systems, design, maintenance and repair.
- Must maintain relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Must have the ability to work with individuals from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Knowledge of OSHA health and safety protocols is required.
- Must have current OSHA 10 General Industry Safety Card.