Want to work with one of America's most loved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. We're currently looking for an eager and creative Video Producer to join our innovative Health and Wellness team.
Greater New York City Area
May 17, 2023
Want to work with one of America's most loved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. We're currently looking for an eager and creative Video Producer to join our innovative Health and Wellness team. This person will report to TODAY’s Health Editor and Managing Editor of Social and will be responsible for helping launch and grow our ‘Start TODAY’ brand across social and digital– a destination for all things fitness, nutrition and self-care. Native social video and experimentation across Instagram and TikTok will be essential for this role.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
- Produce, write, script, shoot and edit original social and digital videos focused on health and wellness content
- Evolve the overall social presence of health and wellness content under the ‘Start TODAY’ brand
- Work alongside talent and celebrity guests to produce regular social franchises in the health and wellness space
- Coordinate alongside broadcast producers for ‘Start TODAY’ segments, prepping all necessary graphics and marketing materials for digital and broadcast integrations
- Coordinate with producers on show teams, site programming, and marketing, especially the day before major, exclusive ‘Start TODAY’ moments and events
- Collaborate on new and innovative social projects to bring in new audiences for the TODAY in the health and wellness space.
- Use analytics to see how our platforms are performing against KPIs and brainstorm ideas to help reach new audiences to meet those goals
- On certain occasions, attend in-person events to capture social moments, such as ‘Start TODAY’ events
- Effortlessly communicate day-to-day social tasks across the newsroom
- In free time, help prep evergreen social assets and videos and larger projects
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of 3 days per week.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in original video and/or social video content
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and social in-app editing tools
- A passion for all things fitness, nutrition, and self-care
- Fluent in the culture of social media and what resonates with audiences on social, particularly TikTok, Instagram and emerging social media platforms
- Fluent and experience creating social video content native to TikTok and Instagram
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and social in-app editing tools
- Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
- Comfort and confidence working with on-air talent, celebrities and high-profile guests
- A strong understanding of social analytics, and the ability to provide informed feedback on content performance
Salary range: $85,000-$150,000