University of North Florida: The videographer for Marketing and Communications creates compelling and engaging video content for University marketing and promotion including content for social media, the web, events and more.
Jacksonville, Florida Area
Mar 11, 2022
Apr 18, 2022
- The videographer is a storyteller and will be responsible for all aspects of video content creation from inception through completion – including planning, shooting, editing, developing, publishing and distribution.
- Serves as both the staff videographer and as a photographer for University Marketing and Communications.
- The videographer will manage all video archives following compression and optimization standards and will utilize video and photography best practices.
- The videographer performs basic troubleshooting of technical equipment, and names, files and stores videos and photos, images, logos and publications according to University standards.
Also serves as a staff photographer shooting University events, students, faculty and staff for marketing purposes. Videography and photography may take place on campus as well as in remote locations. During declared campus emergencies, this position may be required to perform specific job-related duties at a designated off campus location or place of residence.
A bachelor’s degree and one year of experience directly related to the job functions or a high school diploma and five years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Significant experience in videography, digital arts, communications, photography, public relations, promotions, and marketing.
- Working within the Florida educational system in a professional communications capacity is a plus.
- Digital media production experience including working knowledge of various NLE software (Adobe Premier), design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, CMS, MS OfficeSuite) and basic Mac and PC operating systems.
- Knowledge of After Effects/final cut is a plus.
- Two to three years prior experience in video production and photo edition with a wide variety in video and photography production.
- Ability to work as part of a team and effectively interact with others.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; outstanding organizational and time management skills; verbal, written and public speaking skills; marketing experience preferred.
- Experience working with industry vendors and experience developing procedures for video/film management are preferred.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest