Philadelphia Jewish Film and Media (PJFM) is seeking a passionate and skillful Videographer Intern to help design videos and trailers for the organization.
Contact: Matt Bussy
Philadelphia Jewish Film and Media (PJFM) is seeking a passionate and skillful Videographer Intern to help design videos and trailers for the organization. Under the guidance of the Program Director, the intern will put together trailers for the organization, including a theatrical trailer for its 42nd Philadelphia Jewish Film Festival, taking place in-person November 12-19. In addition, the intern will attend and film events during the festival and create videos (such as post-film discussions) out of the footage. The intern’s completed projects will be uploaded to PJFM’s social media channels, website, streaming platform, and mobile app.
• Edit together a 30-second institutional trailer for PJFM to be played before films at all screenings, both virtual and in-person.
• Edit together a 30-second development reel to be played at select events.
• Create a 1-minute theatrical trailer for the 42nd Philadelphia Jewish Film Festival to be played at screenings, both virtual and in-person, preceding the event.
• Attend and record select in-person film screenings during the film festival, including post-film discussions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Proficiency in film and video editing.
• Proficiency in editing film trailers is preferred, but not required.
• Proficient in simple filming for in-person, PJFM events.
• Access to film equipment (film camera, tripod, etc.).
• Access to Final Cut Pro or other film editing software.
• Reliable transportation to in-person events.
• Interest in film, new media, and/or film festivals.
• Appreciation and understanding or willingness to practice and improve film editing skills.
The Videographer Intern will work flexible hours, about 8-10 hours a week, beginning September 28, 2022. The trailers must be completed by the week of November 4. The intern should be available to attend in-person screenings November 12-19.
The Videographer Intern will receive a stipend of $500 and an All-Access Pass for the festival.
- Interested candidates should submit their resumé, cover letter, and portfolio of works to Matthew Bussy, Program Director of PJFM, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No phone calls, please.
- Please put “Videographer Intern” in the subject line.
- PJFM will respond to candidates whose qualifications are best aligned with the job.