Literati: As a Videographer and Producer, you will work on the end-to-end video production for advertising campaigns, product narratives, brand storytelling and company culture initiatives.
You will play a crucial role in growing the creative content production arm of the Literati creative team, working closely with our Creative Director and team of talented writers and designers to create compelling, visually stunning video content that captivates our brand’s audience across multiple channels.
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Driving the creative and technical production of video projects from start to finish
- Interpreting a creative brief, responding with compelling and insightful concepts, and executing the vision with technical expertise and a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills
- Collaborating with other creatives roles on concept ideation, on-set production
- and post-production
- The technical skills of the trade—you’ve mastered the craft of filming, editing, and post-production techniques.
- Seamlessly incorporating dialog, sound, music, visual enhancements, title sequences, and motion graphics during post-production
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment with the ability to plan and execute without constant oversight and direction
- Taking initiative and jumping into untested waters with an open mind and a willingness to learn from failure
YOU WILL NEED:
- 5+ years videography, editing and post-production experience
- 2+ years of motion graphics experience
- Advanced knowledge of camera operation and on set lighting
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Experience with implementing audio, visual effects and motion graphics in post
- Experience with pre-production planning
- Keen sense for storytelling, strong narratives, and concept ideation
- Discerning eye, refined creative and aesthetic sensibilities
- A strategic mindset and ability to articulate and execute your vision
- Solid experience with product advertising for consumer brands
- Deep understanding of digital trends and editing principles
- Exceptional communication, initiative and follow-through skills
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Partnering with the creative team to come up with several video concepts according to a creative brief, identifying winning concepts and quickly moving them into production
- Collaborating with other creative roles on the pre-production planning of timelines, set-up, location, casting, and art direction.
- Shooting new content and implementing post production for social-first advertising campaigns in 2 week cycles
- Partnering with the creative team to produce larger scale campaign videos 1-3x a quarter
- Producing videos for employer brand and company culture purposes
- Partnering with writers, designers and illustrators to produce entertaining, kid-approved content for young readers
- Editing, exporting and organizing all video content
- Light-weight motion graphics work for marketing, social, web and in-app content
- Analyzing impact and response from previously produced content, and applying learnings to future projects
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.