RTM Studios is seeking a Videographer to join our team. This position must create high quality 4K video for a minimum of 22 television episodes per year, plus commercials and special productions.
Our main focus is automotive TV programming. This job will have you both in our studios and in the field at race tracks, events and off-road courses. We shoot 4K with the Panasonic Varicam LT & DVX200. The majority of our shots are hand-held.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain a high standard of video quality.
• Must be able to shoot hand-held with ENG cameras.
• Know how to use POV cameras and where to place them to get dynamic shots.
• Jib experience is a plus.
• Work comfortably with a crew, work with minimal direction and work alone without direction when necessary.
• Communication with producers, directors, hosts, visitors and other videographers as applicable to advise and determine the best shots for the production.
• Responsible for all lighting and audio.
• Be sure all required equipment is on hand for scheduled shoots.
• Responsible for basic maintenance and troubleshooting all equipment.
• Some travel will be required.
• BA in Mass Communication preferred, at least some college required, along with 2-3 years experience.
• Experience with several kinds of cameras and styles of shooting (e.g. studio, location, hand-held, ENG, POV, jib, macro, etc)
• Good knowledge of different styles of lighting; experience covering racing events helpful
• Ability to communicate well with others involved in the shoot
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to do some field editing; maintain consistency in areas such as audio, video exposure and sequencing; ability to use video for “story telling”; be open during shoots to “side stories” as they make themselves apparent and take advantage of the opportunity as it happens.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references