KKTV is currently seeking a Videographer/Editor to produce dynamic, quality newscasts that represent the philosophy and standards established by the News Director.
Live Event / On Location Services
Colorado Springs, Colorado Area
Nov 09, 2023
Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): $18 hourly.
KKTV is currently seeking a Videographer/Editor to produce dynamic, quality newscasts that represent the philosophy and standards established by the News Director. Also, it provides solid reporting on all types of daily news stories.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Produce top-quality video as assigned
• Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
• Good sight and hearing, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to routinely lift and move approximately 50 pounds
• Familiarity with social media
• High degree of journalistic integrity and professionalism
• Proven ability to work well with other people and to work under pressure of a deadline
• Indoor and outdoor work in a variety of weather as well as a considerable amount of time driving
• Requires use, lifting, and moving of cameras, audio equipment, TVU Packs, broadcast lighting equipment, tripods, newsroom computers with dual screens, and live pack gear
• Videotape editors are responsible for editing videotape for 11 News programs
• The editor is responsible for meeting all video deadlines for assigned shows
• Constant communication with the show producer during preparation for the shows.
• Videotape editors are expected to edit stories to script to ensure the best pictures for the news story
• Edit video from national feeds as well as tape shot locally in the field.
• Responsible for taking daily and special feeds from KCNC in Denver and other outside sources
• Log and archive tapes from assigned shows into the computer system and tape log sheets
• Responsible for putting master tapes and feed tapes away after each show
• Editor also rolls and maintains air-check tapes for assigned shows
• Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
• Ability to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications
• Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
• Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
• Input music, dialogue, graphics and effects
• Create rough and final cuts
• Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
• Consult with stakeholders from the production to the post-production process
• Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
• 2 years at a broadcast station as a news videographer/ 2 years producing experience preferred
• Reporting experience is a plus, remote experience desirable
• College degree in film studies, cinematography, or related field preferred but not required
• Knowledge of news writing, show producing, and television news photography helpful
• Demonstrate video editing ability through a strong portfolio
• Commensurate with abilities and experience
• Newsroom leadership experience preferred but not required
• Clean driving record and a valid driver's license
Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.
2 years: Experience as news videographer/producer
Licenses & Certifications