The Third Floor Atlanta is looking for an experienced Virtual Production Supervisor - Motion Control Specialist. The person will be responsible for overseeing complex technical previs and motion control/motion base needs on a high profile film shooting in Atlanta.
Greater Atlanta Area
Feb 24, 2022
The ideal candidate will have a “can do” attitude and enjoy the challenge of seeking solutions to complex technical problems for feature films and television. Local candidates are preferred but open to other US residents.
- To lead and support technically challenging productions with on-set team/clients
- Setup and drive motion control camera/motion base shoots and techvis
- To set up and drive motion control camera/motion base shoots
- To provide on-set Postvis
- Communicate technical needs to Heads of Departments on shows (i.e. Art Dep, Camera, Stunts, SFX) and VFX
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed
- To work with the Technology Management team to develop & support company virtual production tools
- Strong & proven leadership, communication and problem solving skills and confident with client and managing their expectations
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
- Ability to work within a team towards a common goal
- Proven techvis and/or technical planning experience
- Proven Feature Film On-set experience
- Proven Motion Control camera/Motion base experience & derived input formats
- Experience with Motion Control solutions such as Technodolly, Bolt, ect.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- 3D Tracking experience, Boujou, PF Track, 3D Equaliser
- 2D Compositing experience, After Effects or Nuke
- Technical understanding of cameras – film back, aperture, shutter, FOV ect - and camera rigs and cranes
- Experience or understanding of visual effects pipeline
Desired Additional Skills:
- An Interest in Photography & Film making
- Scripting experience – Python & Mel
How to Apply
Please provide your resume AND a cover letter. A unique resume and cover letter expressing your interest (while demonstrating that you’ve done your homework on us) shouldn’t be underestimated! As someone pursuing a career in Virtual Production, you should understand how important it is to be a thoughtful and effective communicator. Tell us who you are and why we should pick you!