WATN/WLMT, the TEGNA station in Memphis, TN is looking for a highly skilled photojournalist, who wants to break from the traditional format and is willing to break the mold in their storytelling.
WATN/WLMT, the TEGNA station in Memphis, TN is looking for a highly skilled photojournalist, who wants to break from the traditional format and is willing to break the mold in their storytelling. A successful candidate is eager to tell great stories on their own or with a team by capturing creative video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories in a deadline environment. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and can handle breaking news situations when necessary.
• Using the latest photography and editing tools.
• Creative storytelling with the highest journalistic standards.
• Using creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, bumpers and some promotional material.
• Encoding video for web and mobile distribution.
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius is a plus.
• ENG shooting experience is also a plus, job requires gathering content in the field.
• Maintaining and being responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy.
• Have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
• Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
• Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or news managers.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in photojournalism, non-linear editing, and content management systems
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Demonstrated social media proficiency
• Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing event
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.