WQAD News 8, is looking for the next great visual storyteller to join our NPPA style team. We are seeking a highly skilled, artistic editor and photographer who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile.
We want a journalist who can tell great stories alone or with a team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. That person should be proficient with live news gathering tools and be able to participate in live news gathering and on streaming when necessary.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Produce original content on air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Cover breaking, general, sports, weather stories and features, often in partnership with our multiskilled journalists.
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
• Operate live units and Dejero backpacks
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field preferred
• 0-3 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Experience with Edius is a plus
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• SNG experience, a plus
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.