Recruits and trains volunteers for the 2024 Atlanta Film Festival.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 31, 2023
Jan 29, 2024
May 17, 2024
TERM: As early as January 29th-May 17th with additional training dates as needed.
- Reports to the Operations Director
- Recruits and trains volunteers for the 2024 Atlanta Film Festival.
- Works with all departments to ensure volunteer support coverage
- Oversees daily volunteer roles and responsibilities during the festival
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure volunteers are given proper training to be safe and successful in their roles.
- Creates schedule for General Volunteers and Specialized Volunteers as needed.
- Collaborate with ATLFS staff in making content for volunteer orientation videos.
- Creates Volunteer Orientation presentations for in person orientations that include rules, roles, expectations and safety training.
- Ensure volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Facilitate volunteer exit or dismissal process
- Prepare questions and contact lists for post festival volunteer survey
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to show appreciation for the contributions of volunteers to the organization including post festival volunteer appreciation event.
- Solve critical issues in a timely and professional manner
- Write a comprehensive post-festival report covering your areas of responsibility
COMPENSATION: $5000-$6000 depending on experience.
REQUIREMENTS: Training, if needed, will be provided but the successful candidate must be a creative self-starter who is capable of independently managing detail oriented tasks on a deadline and efficiently work with other members of the ATLFF team.
TIMEFRAME & HOURS: This temporary, seasonal contractor position that pays a flat rate and does not include benefits. The Venue Manager(s) is expected to work various, flexible hours on some evenings and weekends during the 48th ATLFF, April 25- May 5th with additional training prior to the festival.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Balance all channels of customer service
- Fully utilize support systems
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask
- Exhibit the ability to maintain productivity while working with minimal supervision