WABC-TV’s News Photographer will work closely with Assignment Desk, News Reporters and Managers to ensure the timely production of newscasts and special projects.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
May 12, 2023
WABC-TV’s News Photographer will work closely with Assignment Desk, News Reporters and Managers to ensure the timely production of newscasts and special projects. This position will work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays.
Daily Hire is an employee hired to work on a daily basis with no requirement of a regular schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Successful candidates will have experience in daily local newsgathering.
- Work as a team or independently to portray compelling stories from concept to completion.
- The ability to work under deadline, multi-task and prioritize assignments.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Must have at least 1 year daily ENG newsgathering including shooting, editing and liveshots. Working with a reporter or alone.
- Must be willing to work any shift and holidays.
- Candidates MUST know how to operate a MW live truck.
- Clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 30 pounds of equipment.
- Knowledge of the tri-state area is important.
- High school degree or equivalent
The pay rate for this daily hire role in New York is is $56.3125 per hour.