WABC-TV’s News Photographer will work closely with Assignment Desk, News Reporters and Managers to ensure the timely production of newscasts and special projects! Daily Hire is an employee hired to work daily with no requirement of a regular schedule.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Feb 02, 2024
WABC-TV’s News Photographer will work closely with Assignment Desk, News Reporters and Managers to ensure the timely production of newscasts and special projects! The successful candidate will have a consistent track record in the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of daily local news gathering. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong work ethic.
Daily Hire is an employee hired to work daily with no requirement of a regular schedule.
- Set up and implement live and recorded elements for newscasts
- Edit segments and assemble video elements for shows
- Assist with the upkeep of equipment inventory
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in daily ENG newsgathering, including shooting, editing, and live shots, working with a reporter or alone.
- Must be willing to work any shift, including holidays.
- Candidates MUST know how to operate a MW live truck.
- Candidates need to have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 30 pounds of equipment.
- Knowledge of the tri-state area is important.
- Proven understanding of P2 camera systems, Adobe Premiere Pro editing and bonded cellular transmission technologies (Dejero and Live U)
- Knowledge and experience in the use of smaller cameras, such as the Sony FX9
- Experience using adjustable lenses, multi-camera shooting, and working with complex and creative lighting solutions
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or a related field
The pay rate for this role in New York is $58.1375 per hour.