TMZ is looking for a Web Graphic Designer to join our Graphics department. This role will be responsible for creating editorial graphics and visuals for TMZ’s web properties.
TMZ is looking for a Web Graphic Designer to join our Graphics department. This role will be responsible for creating editorial graphics and visuals for TMZ’s web properties. The Web Graphic Designer will contribute their design sensibilities to daily editorial projects, collaborate with the Senior Art Director, Editorial team, Editors, and other team members to create innovative design solutions, and to develop creative concepts for web and mobile projects. This position will report to the Creative Director and will be based in Playa Vista, CA.
- Perform day-to-day graphical asset prep for editorial content, photo galleries, comps for advertisers, and newsletters in a fast paced newsroom environment
- Create interactive deliverables including website designs, widgets, emails, user interfaces, style guides and presentation collateral
- Contribute daily to the creative process by coming up with innovative design ideas to further enhance and build the TMZ brand
- Color correcting, sizing, and optimizing graphics and photos for the web
- Extensive work in Photoshop
- 1-3 years of experience designing in a web based environment (publishing/editorial preferred), large media company and/or interactive design agency
- MUST BE A PHOTOSHOP EXPERT
- Must have knowledge of celebrities and pop culture
- Knowledge of sports and athletes, a plus
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced news environment
- Deep knowledge of the TMZ brand, celebrities, and pop culture
- Must be willing to work weekends
- A solid portfolio with interactive and/or static design examples
- Comfortable knowledge of HTML/CSS/CMS and current development trends
- Great communication skills with the ability to work well with dynamic personalities
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $21.00-24.50 per hour for California.