The Writer/Copy Editor for the 9pm Show will check scripts for accuracy, style, balance, and conformity.
The Writer/Copy Editor for the 9pm Show will check scripts for accuracy, style, balance, and conformity. This person will check source material, verify font, and tape information and ensure scripts are ready for air. This person will also write anchor copy and stories as needed. The Writer/Copy Editor is a close advisor on editorial issues. Works closely with senior management, anchors, producers, and bookers to craft the content of the program.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Edit copy to ensure scripts are easy to understand, interesting, creative, and compelling. Work toward compelling, conversational anchor copy that is accurate and up to date.
- Check accuracy of all components of program, including graphics and other on-air editorial elements. Will re-work scripts when needed.
- Correctly format scripts and view video and graphics to ensure scripts and images are in sync.
- Write compelling and relevant content, storylines, conversational anchor copy, etc.
- Must take an active role in many aspects of program preparation.
- Must be flexible and able to regularly work long hours, this role will require being onsite 5 days a week and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Qualifications & Experience…
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with strong editing skills which includes accuracy, balance, language, and style
- Ability to produce quality work quickly
- Flexibility to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style and rewrite when necessary
- Production skills and experience preferred
- Must be eager, cooperative, energetic and team oriented
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $87,500.00 - $162,500.00 salary per year.