The Writer position for ESPN G&L will write copy and provide administrative support for a high volume of digital assets promoting the various properties and initiatives across ESPN+.
As a group within the ESPN Marketing department, Grande & Leonard is a dynamic in-house marketing engine providing direction, creative and production solutions to internal colleagues in marketing and partners throughout the company.
The Writer position for ESPN G&L will write copy and provide administrative support for a high volume of digital assets promoting the various properties and initiatives across ESPN+. Responsibilities include developing and writing creative concepts for branded and co-branded commercial elements, emphasizing video, digital, social and print advertisements. This role is responsible for creating high-quality work, as well as building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues across many different departments. In short, we are looking for a passionate sports fan who has writing range, can creatively problem solve in a multitude of different ways, and has a drive to produce the best work (TV, digital, social, print) possible.
**NY Office preferred, Bristol, CT Office possible**
- Develops innovative concepts, writes copy and scripts for multimedia executions.
- Internally develops digital promotions, print and social media content - either as an extension of or an addition to television campaigns and executions.
- Aides in the creative development process for graphics, music, editing and the overall tone of the campaign.
- Collaborates with other G&L team members to ensure that all work is creatively superlative, accurate and true to the larger tonality of both the ESPN and client brands.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a marketing, advertising or journalism background.
- Must have an online creative portfolio consisting of writing examples.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of sports and pop culture
- Proficient knowledge of content development for advertising and promotional spots, including script writing and print copywriting.
- Experience with creative development process with an understanding of advertising development and agency relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish & English)
- Strong understanding of the ESPN brand and the marketing position.
- Proven collaborator with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Hold self and others to quality, on-time delivery.
- Desire to take risks and drive change.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
The hiring range for this position in NYC is $75,108 to $103, 275 per year and in Bristol, CT is $67,470 to $92,772 per year.