WSB-TV is in search of a Writer/Producer who consistently crafts in-depth, fast-paced, memorable stories.
Greater Atlanta Area
Aug 29, 2022
Are you a storyteller? An investigator? Are you driven by a need to find the truth? Producers report the original content that is the backbone of our news operations.
WSB-TV is in search of a Writer/Producer who consistently crafts in-depth, fast-paced, memorable stories. The successful candidate must have an understanding of coverage on all platforms and are expected to help generate enterprise story ideas. Collaboration with others is a must for this position, and candidates should be open to feedback and have a desire to grow in their role. Candidates should have at least 2 years of producing experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Communicates with reporters and content center to develop storytelling within broadcast
- Writes for broadcast including intros and tags creating cohesive storytelling
- Works with Executive Producer and Managing Editor to execute daily newscasts
- Ability to prioritize assignments
- Participates in daily editorial meetings
- Commands control in control room by communicating clear vision to production team, reporters and anchors
- Builds relationships with all team members proactively including anchors and meteorologists.
- Understands and executes station research
- Assists in the production of special projects and other content related to program and/or station
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Balance of strong journalist skills, ability to execute action plans and creative vision to support strong show delivery
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast content
- Ability to scour social media for story ideas and make calls to confirm
- Excellent time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in local TV news is preferred
- Prior news management experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism