North Carolina Public Radio WUNC, the public radio station licensed to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is hiring a temporary Producer for our Embodied Podcast.
Audio / Music / Sound
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Feb 02, 2023
The Embodied producer will create content for Embodied, a weekly radio show and podcast about sex, relationships and health hosted by Anita Rao and broadcast from North Carolina Public Radio WUNC. They will research to identify compelling show topics; develop a frame for each conversation; book and pre-interview guests; collect audio narratives from listeners and script the show.
The position will include the following specific duties:
- Select and research show topics, pre-interview guests, book guests, write scripts, and edit audio recordings for broadcast/on-demand. Actively work to ensure that a diversity of stories and participants are selected for production, and that our content is relevant and accessible to diverse audiences. All of the above will be done with supervision from the Host/Managing Editor, and in collaboration with colleagues. (80%)
- Create content to be presented on the web and through social media. (20%)
- Minimum Educations and Experience: High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience related to the area of assignment in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 4-year degree
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Creativity and initiative
- Demonstrated expertise in researching topics for interview broadcast
- Demonstrated ability to plan and meet deadlines, working with materials from a variety of sources and collaborators
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues effectively and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to include diverse stories and participants in programming
- Thorough knowledge of radio broadcasting equipment including digital editing programs and portable recording devices
Interested applicants must apply at, https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/249155. Candidates should be prepared to attach a current resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please address what draws you to Embodied and why you think you are a good fit for the producer position. Please also submit links to two projects which showcase the best of your talents in audio production: from identifying a compelling storyteller to creating a finished product. The deadline to apply is 02/21/2023.